Tuesday, July 3, 2007

be

This cloud was across the street from my house the other day and it really made me nervous. It turned out to be just a cloud but I was sure some kind of something terrible was causing it. It made me think, what would i do if it was something terrible? I can't seal myself into my house, i surely can't out run a cloud. I guess I just have to let it be. So this post might be full of duality! Letting things be, accepting things as they are. Being busy makes it easy to do this, I ran around asking Steve about the cloud and then grabbed the camera and in about 5 minutes I was back in the studio and totally forgot about the impending doom of a few minutes before. Thank you Beatles for the lovely song (let it be) and a somewhat easy to take mantra for us nervous types.

Ok, Larry King - did anyone see that special where he interviewed Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia? Um, yep, um - I was glued to the tv and totally speechless and had a hard time watching but couldn't turn away. He called Ringo -George then tried to cover it up, asked them if they ever heard of Paris Hilton!!!??? What a waste of good Beatle interviewing. Sorry to anyone that loves Mr. King - I've been thinking about this and how much I turly love their music and how much influence its had on my life. I don't listen as much as I used to but gesh! I must have driven some people mad in the past with persistent Bealtes blasting from my studio.

So, I'll let the Larry King thing be and hope he retires very soon.

Studio! I am 100% caught up. This hasn't happened in over a year and it feels good. A little over a year ago everyhting just went nuts. So now I have figured out how to run this little pottery biz so that I can do it with a little grace. For the past 2 weeks I've been working on a few custom orders which are in the kiln right now and will ship out Thursday morning. I have been plugging away getting all the tiles glazed and I've taken a bit of time to draw (pictures coming) So, with the 4th tomorrow, I can relax and clear my head. I am itching to do some new work both in clay and on paper and now have a little time carved out. I will also be posting some new work for sale on my site!!! More info on that soon.

Happy 4th of July and Happy Summer.

No comments: