Friday, March 2, 2007

blue

For the past few weeks I've been teaching a couple of classes at my local art center. Teaching is so much fun and rewarding when you are able to help someone do something new. It is also great for me to get out of the house/studio. Every studio I've ever worked in has a glaze or 2 that catches my eye. The picture is of my latest love! I am going to hunt down the recipe because this beautiful blue really seems to compliment my work. I have been tinkering with different colored glazes and hope to start to introduce them here and on my site in late spring and early summer. My new designs are coming along slowly. I've been spending the bulk of my time working on orders and getting aquainted with my new clay. One of the orders I shipped off recently was to O'Suzannah, a super great boutique in Charlottesville, VA. I will be sure to post more as I send things out.

If you are in the Philadelphia area on the 11th. I will be participating in a small craft sale at the ICA. It is part of a project called Locally Localized Gravity go here to read more about it. It will be my first show of the year and should be fun. I haven't been to the ICA in ages - how about you? I think it will be a great day to go into the city and see the ICA and pick up some indie goods - how often are craft sales held in museums!?

I'm off to the studio, yep working on Friday eve until Steve gets home, then maybe working some more.
Happy Friday!

No comments: