Monday, January 8, 2007

working

This week is a catch-up week for me. The last of the pre-christmas orders are drying out right now and the glazing will begin tomorrow. It has been so humid and warm that things are taking a bit longer than planned to complete. My tired hands thank the weather for this delay : ) It allows me to work at a less frantic pace than I have been these past few months. It also gives me time to sketch and think about what I'd like for Little Flower in 2007. Some of the things I'm dreaming of include a larger studio to make room for an assistant and another kiln to keep up with orders. I'd like to see the website spiffed up and add a press page. I'd like to get into a prestigious craft show, and maybe win an award! I'd like to have a break to take a step back and see where I am. At this time last year I was doing Little Flower in my spare time, working a serious full time job in the corporate world, taking care of my dear Healy (he's been gone nearly a month now - I'm still so sad) being a wife, a yogini, and trying to balance everything. Now, I'm f/t with Little Flower, which is so much more than I ever thought it could be, a wife and a yogini. Its such a relief to be back to the life I was meant to live. I am grateful for my years in the corporate world, I learned so much on so many levels and will take the good and put it to use in my business, and I'm happy to say that I left the bad at the office! I know this year is going to be a good one and I'm looking forward to what each day brings. I am still adjusting to my new schedule and trying to find a new balance in my life. I am re-working my business plan which will be my new years resolution for Little Flower, personally, I'd like to drink less coffee, do more yoga and take more walks. Find time to take up a non-clay craft or venture back to the world of fine art, I used to be quite the sculptor back in the day. Its only 9 days into the new year, lets hope this year is filled only with good. Om Shanti!

No comments: