Tuesday, March 17, 2009

eire, St. Paddy's day

Happy St. Paddy's Day!
For those that know me, I'm irish, and if you knew me in the mid-90's you might have tired of hearing me say "when I was in Ireland..." But seriously, I had an awesome summer in Ireland and still hear myself say those words. So in honor of this very lucky day, here are a few snap shots from my Ireland album.Cliffs of Mohr, St. Bridgid's well
me with my sculptures in the castle, materials used were found around the construction that was going on at the school. top right- tar paper, rope and stuffed with saw dust; bottom left - lead stitched with found wire; middle - copper water tank cut apart and re assembled then stitched together with wire; bottom right - found wood strips, b/w photo (a self portrait assignment)

around Ballyvaughan
I attended the Burren College of Art for a summer way back when. The program was basically an independent study where I had an entire sculpture studio to myself, I spent time sourcing materials from around town and from the construction that was going on at the school. We also had a history teacher that acted as a tour guide. He took us around to view ruin's and told us the most amazing stories. This experience was a true taste of Ireland, if you ever have a chance to visit, be sure to take me with you!!!!
Happy St. Paddy's Day!


No comments: