A thought on Living Green.
I try to live green every day, I also try to run Little Flower as green as I can afford. It's the little things that are easy to do that can make a big difference. Why be wasteful? Here are a few little things I do in my day-to-day that maybe you can do too.
- bring your own bags when shopping
- turn off everything you are not using
- drive less (easy for me, I work from home)
- reuse, re purpose, recycle (is it really trash?)
- take care of your plants
- grow native plants
- only print what you really need and use the back of the paper too
- clean green
- and now that summer is coming, buy local or grow your own fruits and veggies
and now a note on compact fluorescent bulbs - oh mercury containing light source, thank you for saving energy but, how do I throw you away when your light goes out? earth 911 might have the answer for you, I'm still looking for one in my community. Also, the Mr. and I seem to burn thru those bulbs pretty quick, is anyone else noticing that they don't quite last as long as expected? We just started writing the date on them when we put in a new one, the test has begun!!!
I'm off to etch dogwood platters! and lucky for me they are in full bloom right now!!! I snapped a zillion pictures yesterday, awww spring.