Tuesday, January 16, 2007

waiting

The kiln is cooling, inside are completed orders that I can pack tonite and ship tomorrow morning and the test results for the new clays. As you can imagine, it is hard to wait. I am getting ready to work in the studio right nowwith plans to, make a batch of tea cups to pass the time, ready boxes for shipping and maybe mop the floor. This year I promised myself I would mop the floor once every week or 2, I am pretty clean considering what goes on! Trimming is the messiest part of my process, with carving being a close second. But really, I am very clean, some pottery studios can be full of dust, that's why I like having my own studio, its really a blessing to my health! So, today is gloomy out and I am fighting the urge to take a nap. So far I have run all my errands for the week (sans buying clay, which will be done tomorrow) organized the office, researched some software i need, and worked on my marketing campaign. January is a time for laying low so I can properly put everything in order. The holidays were crazy and I don't want to scramble to run my business. I decided in late November that January would be a good time to re-do, replenish, and make new.

No comments: