Tuesday, December 4, 2007

winner, catching up and getting ready


We have a winner! I will be e-mailing the lucky gal in just a minute.
It's been a whirlwind of days and the days just keep whirling! 'tis the season is in full swing and gosh, do I feel blessed to be doing what I'm doing. The Holiday Heap show on saturday was such a success. Not only was it the perfect type of show for me (table and chairs provided, easy set-up, easy parking, well worth the 2 hour drive! and good music) but the customers were out and so happy to be filling their holiday lists. It was so nice to meet some of my web customers and to introduce my work to a new city. And the show was so well organized, those Charm City Craft Mafia gals did a fantastic job, thank you so much for accepting me into your show! I was so busy all day I didn't really shop the show. But, I was lucky to be next to Val who runs Bower Box. She had this lovely etching (pictured)that I thought about all day and finally bought one. I love etchings and this one has such great texture I just had to have it. The other picture is a table shot, I was selling out of everything and the first items to go were these platters. I can't tell you how good it feels to have a new item be so well received.
So now I'm working away getting ready for the Bust show this saturday. Timing is everything, I'm making a few platters to bring along and more wee vases which I also sold out of. So today I am glazing and glazing and hopefully loading and firing the kiln. Once the kiln is on I'll post holiday ordering info on my site and post my holiday special!
Happy December 4th!

No comments: